Yes, the LightCue-E is a drop in replacement for the original LightCue product.
The LightCuePro's single Universe 1 can also be used as a replacement. This leaves the other 3 universes available for other use.
You will need to just take the following steps:
1. Convert your files from ".dmh" to the new ".dmx" file format.
- Pull the CF Flash card from the original LightCue (or PCMCIA card), and copy the files to a folder on your hard drive.
- Open the file using LightCue Manager editor by double clicking on the .dmh file (download LightCue Manager here if needed).
- Click "Save as" to convert your legacy files to the new .dmx file format. Make sure to name the file with both a "dmx" prefix AND ".dmx" suffix. For example, if your old cue was cue00002.dmh, your new file name should be dmx00002.dmx.
- Place your newly saved .dmx files on the LightCue-E.
2. If you are using rear inputs, put the unit into "Legacy Mode" to use old style rear pin-out.
- From the front panel, select "Inputs" and scroll to "Legacy Mode".
- Select "Yes" to put in legacy mode
3. If you are using rear inputs, change to Contact Closure or Voltage as appropriate
- From the front panel, select "Inputs"
- Select "Voltage/CC"
- Select the Input you wish to change
- Repeat for each input you're using