Below are encoding parameters for Standard-Definition bitstreams.
DVM7400 and Video Binloop Encoding Parameters (Standard Definition)
- MPEG2 files must be encoded as a Program Stream.
- Elementary Video stream must be Main Profile Main Level MP@ML 4:2:0.
- Elementary Audio Stream must also be included and must be AC3 or MPEG1 layer II encoded. Bitrates of 192, 224, or 384 kbps are supported.
- Source audio before encoding is 16 bit at 48 or 44.1 kHz sample rate.
- The two main resolutions supported are 720 x 480 x 29.97 (NTSC) and 720 x 576 x 25 (PAL)
- Maximum Program Stream bitrate is 15Mbps.
- Constant Bitrate (CBR) or Variable Bitrate (VBR)
- Group of Picture (GOP) Structure is CLOSED.
- Normally 13 or 15 frames / GOP.
- I B and P frames will provide the most efficient compression.
- Preferably each GOP will contain a sequence header.