Below are some troubleshooting steps:
1) Make sure that the volume knob in the back of the player is all the way up (clockwise direction)
2) Download a test file for the AM4 from our website:
3) Place the audio file on the card (delete any other audio files in the card)
4) Insert the CF card back and press the test button on the front of the unit
5) The LED will turn solid green indicating that the file is playing.
6) Plug in a set of known working speakers to the RCA connectors of the AM4 to confirm audio output.
If you don't hear anything, make sure that the volume knob in the back of the unit is all the way up (clockwise position). If there is no audio output after this test, it indicates a failure and the unit will need to be replaced. Please contact Sales@alcorn.com to obtain a quote.